Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Step 1

Welcome to the Paperelle blog! This is the new blog for my etsy shop of the same name. I will be posting information about upcoming products, sales, and specials as well as how-to's, chinchilla photos, and other babble.

I've tried all sorts of arts and crafts, and my overstuffed apartment shows it. I can't remember a time when I didn't draw, my mom taught me how to sew when I was 8, learned knitting from a roommate at 20, and continually try different things. My recent focus has been on upcycling, or taking materials destined for a landfill and making them into something beautiful. I've folded way too many origami stars from junk mail, magazines, manga, maps, and anything else that comes to close to my scissors. I love decoupage, am addicted to gocoo, have rediscovered the joys of shrink plastic, and will pick up any object that looks interesting (and relatively clean).

This coming weekend I will be at the New York Anime Festival's Artist Alley, table #35. My good friend Beth will be selling some really cool miniatures and beaded goods alongside stars, ninjas, and bottlecaps.

After the show I'll have new listings, lots of photos, and a better looking layout (hopefully). Here goes!

No comments: