Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tomorrow evening the DH and I are driving to Annapolis for Thanksgiving. The celebration will be at my brother and sister-in-law's house, then moves to Virginia for a day with cousins, then stops back in Maryland to visit (and bake cookies) with friends. For me the baking started on Sunday with pumpkin pie-
I made one big pie for Thanksgiving, and mini pies for hubby (he loves pumpkin pie). I've decided that there's no need to make pumpkin pie again, since it tastes just like the storebought kind. Oh well, it made the apartment smell great. Two of the mini-pies seem to have mysteriously disappeared...

Last night I made oatmeal raisin cookie dough. My favorite recipe is this one from Quaker, just add one cup of raisins at the end.

I saw a blog that used pumpkin quick bread mix to make madeleines. Being pumpkined out, I opted to use a Vanilla spice quick bread mix. I got this super cheap at a Williams Sonoma outlet. They seem to discontinue their new flavors almost as fast as they come out. The results...super tasty! These will not all make it to the car. Four have met their demise next to a mug of apple cider.


Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: