Sunday, March 1, 2009

All the pretty colors~ a small review of Flower



I try not to nerd out too much on this blog, but I am just in awe of this game! The developer calls it "interactive art", and that's definitely what Flower is. The premise is really simple- you're the wind. You play by moving the controller around in the direction you want to fly. Along the way you sweep by flowers and pick up petals. Each flower makes a musical note, so in a way you conduct a little symphony. The environments are all different- night, day, rain, city, field, and there's a different goal for each level. One involves painting the grass, it's really relaxing (my husband played well beyond what was needed to clear the level).

Flower is like two of my favorite games rolled into one- Katamari Damacy and Okami. Both of those are also excellent plays, but very different! Flower is available on the Playstation Network for just $9.99, it's a total steal.

I can't wait to see real flowers blooming, but it will be a little while, it's snowing tonight. Oh well.

1 comment:

Jess // CLineCreations said...

Haha, a little nerdiness is never a bad thing! That sounds like it would be quite relaxing.

Also, just to let you know, I tagged you for a little photo blog game from my blog, if you would like to do it. Someone else tagged me, and I thought it would be fun, so I'm passing it along. =)

Take care, and keep folding those lovely origami stars!
Jess