Monday, March 9, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

 


I went to a co-worker's adorable Greenwich Village apartment after work on Friday to make cakes! We made two chocolate sheet cakes from scratch, including the chocolate frosting. We used a letter stamping kit, which was pretty nifty but has flaws. The decorating frosting was whipped, which didn't really want to hold it's shape! I still think it came out great, and they were a big hit at the shower.

It's been a really long time since I've decorated a whole cake, it was quite a lot of fun!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Piggy said...

Wow, the cake is beautiful!! :) I think you can open a shop to sell it :) I love the little cot! I can imagine it in pink for a little girl :) I hope you had fun!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable; I am sure they liked it.

Leah said...

Beautiful colour combo, it looks delicious too, well done!